Saturday, November 04, 2006

I had to go to the Dr today! Ughhhh


Hello fellow bloggers.....I had to go to the dr today and was not at all happy about it. Yesterday I hurt my back somehow and last night and today when I was not acting normal mommy said that dreaded word you know the one that starts with a V! I shudder when I hear it! Those people are so mean! I mean ok I was in pain but did I really have to go there? Then we get there and there are all kinds of canine buddies in there from really big to medium size! I think I was the smallest one in there! We had to wait for what seemed like forever...ha I was secretly hoping that mommy would just say forget it and go home, but oh nooo she didn't! We hung around and then we go in this room and this mean dr came in and felt me and then stuck this really cold thing on my chest and then umm what is that...my backside is not for inspection here! Geesh I hate that thing up my butt! Then that dr takes me into another room where they took a picture of my insides! They brought me back to mommy and gave me a treat and showed us the picture of my insides. The worst is yet to come...yesss that other dreaded word...SHOT! No no no...please mommy nooooo! Boy did that hurt! But mommy promised me a greenie as soon as we got home....ha I didn't let her forget it either!! The mean dr said something about one of my vertabraes is fusing together and that I need to stay on complete and total bedrest for two weeks to let it heal. If I injure it further I could become paralyzed! Mommy cried when the dr said that! She is asking for alot of prayers for me and said that prayers will help more than anything! I am getting special treatment in light of all of this so I guess that makes up for the thing up my butt, but the shot...hmmm we will see!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cody & alaska,

first off, may i know who has to visit the vet? cody or alaska?

ok, vet is bad but it do wonders to us so i never refuse to go... ok, like i have the say of it! anyway, i hope you feel better now! or if not, the next few days!

wet wet licks

Boo

Cody & Alaska & Jackson said...

Cody is the one that had to go to the vet. And he wasn't too happy about it! He is better but it is still touch and go with his injury and will it will be a lifetime thing I beleive. So please teach your furkidz not to jump. Who knew that something so simple would become something so dangerous!
Deb & the Kidz

Anonymous said...

My Mom got one of those doggy stairs things for my Lucky when she got older so she could walk up to the bed and the sofa.

Hey Cody, how are you going to stay still?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Baily said...

awwww, cody my mommy and i will keep you in our prayers.
we were shocked when we heard about it. :(
get some good rest the next 2 weeks and have a quick recovery

i also dont like the bad "v" word but heard that our mommys bring us there because they love us and care

nose licks
baily

Anonymous said...

hi deb,

mama wants to confirm: you mean cody's injury was caused by jumping? oh mine! how old is cody?

wet wet licks

Boo

Cody & Alaska & Jackson said...

Cody just turned 6 yesterday/ Cody has been diagnosed with Intervertebral Disc Disease more commonly known as Canine Disc Disease

Toby said...

Cody, sorry about the vet. I know how it feels! I hate the vet too... But let me tell you a little secret. (sshh..don't let the mommys know). Even though the vet is no fun, it's our mommy's way of making sure we get the best care and medicine possible. It's all to make us feel better.

I hope you're feeling better... Don't worry, your mommy will make sure you have the best care possible!

Hugz and Kisses...

Toby

Anonymous said...

Hi Cody,

Lots of nose licks to you. Two weeks, boy thats a long time. Make sure you stay still and do what Mummy tells you so you get better.

Mummy says we'll be thinking of you all the time.

Simba xxx

Cody & Alaska & Jackson said...

Hi everyone,
I am feeling a little better. I sleep alot and mommy picks me up and puts me where I want to go and she also gets me down....I am feeling like quite the king over that!:))) And I know the dr makes us better but I still don't like em! Mommy tells me that I have something called Canine DIsc Disease. I don't understand what that is, but I do know that my back hurts. Thanks everyone for all the get well wishes and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cody, glad you're feeling a bit better.

Nose licks

Simba xx

Anonymous said...

Hey, you okay? I was worried so I checked back. Please update us.

Hey, I've been nominated for DWB's awesome blog of the month award. Can I count on your vote? Hope so.

To vote, go here http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/bonezone/viewtopic.php?t=255

You have to be registered and logged into the DWB Bone Zone forum in order to vote.

Thank you, I really want this.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Please be careful. My sister, Dakota, has the same problem with her spine. Since the vet told us that, she can't come upstairs and sleep with us anymore. She still has episodes with her back, and it is scary, but usually she is OK. Boxer healing vibes coming your way!

Toby said...

Cody, how are you feeling lately?? We want an update!!!

Tobes

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had to go to the doctor's office! I know all too well how it goes (I'm an Irish Wolfhound with cancer). I found your blog on Pet Blog Network and I am tagging you for the Christmas Tag. Go to my site and find out how to join in.

Feel better soon!

Finny

Baily said...

you have been xmas tagged! read my blog!

nose licks
baily

Anonymous said...

Hi Cody and Alaska, my name is Ladybug and I live in Iowa. You have been tagged, please read my blog page to see what to do. My new years resolution is to make 5 new friends. Will you be mine. My grandpa and grandma live in Missouri, too. Ladybug, aka LB